ROSEHILL RACES 7&8 October 24, 2014 No Comments
RACE 7. NO 6 ABBASSO 3.50 IS THE BEST HORSE AND IF HE IS READY HE WILL WIN. MARKET SHOULD GIVE A GUIDE. W2ELL PLACED HERE, ESPECIALLY IF READY.
NO 7 MAXIMILLIAN 5.50 IS DRAWN OUT WITH ABBASSO HAS TACTICAL SPEED IF WANTS TO USE IT. POOR RECORD THIS TRACK, BUT THIS RACE IS WEAK ON FORM.
NO 12 UNDERESTIMATION 6.50 IS 1ST UP FOR MCEVOY, AND HE PLACES HIS HORSES VERY VERY WELL. LOOK FOR MONEY FOR IT.. STABLE GOING WELL!
NO 2 TIME LESS PRINCE 13.00 WAS BIG ODDS 1ST UP ( I HAD A FEW BUCKLS ON HIM) ALWAYS QUITE LIKED THIS FELLOW… WON SOME NICE MONEY ON HIM.. COULD IMPROVE WITHOUT SURPRISING ME..
NO 9 MAGIC DALLAS 6.00 VERY CONSISTENT HAS A RACE FIT ADVANTAGE AGAINST THEM HERE. DRAWN WELL. MAY SIT MID FIELD?
REALLY HARD RACE 6-7-12-2-9.
RACE 8 NO 1 HEART TESTA 5.00 IS VERY GOOD 2ND UP, WALLER WILL HAVE HIM READY. 17TH STARTER. VERY GOOD FORM LAST TIME IN. CAPE KIDNAPPERS, BEAT IT… BIT SURPRISED ITS 1200 AND NOT 1100.. THAT IS ONLY QUERY, BUT WALLER KNOWS BEST!
NO 2 DOTHRAKI 5.50 HAS TRIALLED PRETTY WELL, SHOULD BE REWADY TO DO SOME THING FRESH. HAS BEEN GELDED WIHICH WAS HOLDING HIM BACK.. RYAN FINALLY GOT HIS WAY TO GELD HIM, SO HORSE MIGHT BE A FERW LENGTHS BETTER… BIG HOPES…
NO 3 EMBLEMS 4.60 HAS GOOD FORM.. TRACED IN STRADBROKE HAS FRESH FORM.
NO 12 YOULL NEVER 6.00 HAS HAD 2 MONTHS NO RACING AND RACED CLOSE BEHIND ROCK STURDY! THATS GOOD FORM, SHOULD HAVE GOOD FITNESS, AND WALLEWR TRAINS.. GOOD CHANCE TO BE IN 1ST 4.
GOOD RACE 1,2,3,12.. BOX THEM UP. ONE OF THESE WILL WIN.. QUINELLA LOOKS GOOD ALSO. NO 14 KING COBIA 13.00 NEXT BEST… GOOD FRESH FORM.. GOES FAST.
RACE 7. NO 12 SHIRAZ ATTACK 5.00 IS AGAIN DRAWN POORLY AFTER BEING SCR LAST WEEK FROM WIDE AGTE.. 54 KILOS APPEALS TO ME..
NO 11 GUNDY SPIRIT 7.00 HAD HAD 4 RUNS IN AND IS VERY FIT. SITS JUST BEHIND PACE. NO EXCUSES
NO 5 SPARTHA 26.00 KEEPS SUCKING ME IN COS I BACKED HIM WEL AT BIG ODDS ONE DAY AND HE WON.. ROUGH PLACE CHANCE.
NO 1 SOUTHERLY 12.00 IS ALSO A HORSE I LIKE TO BE ET ON AND HE COULD FINISH ON HARD.. TRAINER ALSO HAS CRACCO IN.. THEY BET!
12-11-5-1 NOT EASY.. NO 8 LYRIC 6.50 UNPROVEN AT DISTANCE BUT GETS THE RIGHT RUN TO HAVE EVERY CHANCE.
RACE 8.NO 8 PRIMAL FLIGHT..4.00 A LOT TO LIKE ABOUT LAST WIN..WAS BY 7.3!! CAKE WALK. HAD A HARD RUN 1ST UOP WHEN WAS WIDE,, THEN CAME OUT AT GC AND WENT CRAZY GOOD. DROPS IN WEIGHT.
NO 7 ROCK ROYALTY 6.50 HAS BEEN GAINING CONFIDENCE AT GC AND IPSWICH AND IS NOW READY TO TEST HIMSELF ON A SATURDAY. DOWN IN WEIGHT.
NO 4 POWER SUPPLY 5.00 A CHRIS LEES VISITOR WHO HAS TO BE RESPECTED. 1200 NO WORRIES RAN 3RD TO THE WAYWARD I’M USAIN WHO LET US DOWN LAST WEEK… BOX SEAT RUNNER
NO 2 COVERT CHARMOUR 17.00 HIT LINE WELL AT ODDS AND PACE WILL BE ON. SO LOOK FOR HIM TO COME HOME HARD AT ODDS AGAIN.
MOONEY VALLEY CUP October 23, 2014 No Comments
No.1 PRECEDENCE (Market price $4.80 – my computer says $6). This is his go! Loves Moonee Valley and this distance is his best. This is chance to perform. Might be meeting better horses than he has before in this race but looks like he is going well to me. Top 4 chance.
No.2 BLACK TYCOON ($67 – $201). If I said anything about his form in America I would be labelled a racist. But with incredible respect and total love I give him none. No possible chance, why he is here? He should be home resting up to take the kids on the merry go round. But I do love him otherwise.
No.3 MR OÇEIRIN ($13 – $41). They have over raced him and treated him like a machine. He should be saved for winter racing when tracks are wet.
No.4 AU REVOIR ($5.50 – $5). My early second choice for Melbourne Cup. Oliver rides and I have to back him. He should run very well. Hard to beat. I may have a good small bet on him in cup before this race, and that means so should you, or not!
No.5 LE ROI ($7 – $5). Needed the last run to top him up. Was there to win but just plugged thankfully (was on Mourinho). Still had he run 2nd I would have gotten 1st 4, sad actually as was second and tired late. Good hopes here. Well trained.
No.6 PRINCE OF PENZANCE ($11 – $34). Outclassed I feel. Pressure on jockey after her rebuking for recent ride on a Saturday on a hot fav. Has won at MV but looks outclassed. Short in betting – why??
No.7 OPINION ($3.20 – $4). Waller and Purton! Big run for second when Junoob was just a bit good. But his price is way too short!! Junoob ran well Caufield Cup but $3 is a joke. Big chance though.
No.8 ANUDJUWAN ($41 – $41). Won’t know what hit him here. Did run well behind Who Shot The Barman but has so many convictions it’s impossible to say could win. Finish 4th and cost you the trifecta that’s plausible. But 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th best he can do. M Rodd a bonus.
No.9 EPINGLE ($7.50 – $21). Good run when I stood her out for 4th in Cranbourne Cup and Le Roi cost me by getting tired. Near genius from me really. Poor record here says can’t win.
No.10 ALBONETTI ($15 – $14). Handy run in Herbert Power when closed for a handy 6th. Roughie to consider for tricks.
SELECTIONS: Trifecta box 1,4,5,7
No.1 BUFFERING (Market price $6 – my computer says $6). He’s back with avengeance and gets the right run again! Certainly hard to knock as is honest and talented and very, very courageous. Meets fresh young talent, and that makes his price.
No.2 LANKAN RUPEE ($3.80 – $5.50). As I said a while ago, people too fast to say best in the world. Hard to see him winning this I think. Needs a straight track now. Have to take on from such a tough gate.
No.3 TEMPLE OF BOOM ($26 – $51). Rejuvenated once they started racing for pace. Always a better wet horse however and no form here. Roughie for 3rd or 4th, but can’t win. Needs big rains.
No.4 MOMENT OF CHANGE ($19 – $41). Needs 1400m I think so can roll near lead. Looks an obvious no.
No.5 REBEL DANE ($8.50 – $7). Pretty honest, but lacks something like an extra length. Well drawn and could hit line well, should do also, has ability. Place chance to me, 3rd? But on bright side Williams riding and when he strikes form look out, he can win on anything! Rich should include in quaddie purely because Williams won Geelong Cup.
No.6 FAMOUS SEAMUS ($21 – $17). Well drawn, in form and on his day is very good. Gets a good run as sits back 5th 2 wide. Not known this track, looks as though should suit I think. Meets some very smart ones. Maybe not, but not hopeless either.
No.7 TERRAVISTA ($3.90 – $4). I have been a big fan of this horse and they seem to be keeping to sprint distances now, why not! He wins a lot of them. Distance is ideal. I think the one to beat. Barrier is tricky however, might get to 4th-6th 2 wide? That would be best case scenario… good horse!
No.8 ICONIC ($61 – $101). Dreaming I think. Not a 1200m in this company. Have to leave out.
No.9 NO LISTENIN’TOME ($21 – $34). Really hard to get enthusiastic after disappointing 1st up. If was to run 4th I would understand, but can’t win on form lines.
No.10 PLATELET ($17 – $34). Honest horse with ability, but this is the cream de la creme’ and drawn for trouble. Can’t have.
No.11 BOUNDING ($26 – $12). NZer who is consistently terrific! Never finished worse than second. That’s good enough for me to include in trifecta, at least 2nd! 2nd to Chautauqua is not bad form, beaten 4 lens but I would back that horse to beat these! I think he is best sprinter in Australia.
No.12 ANGELIC LIGHT ($10 – $14). Likes track and distance should have run 3rd last start here. Jockey dropped hands I thought late in the race and cost me a pay day. That jockey gone for Oliver. Best roughie maybe.
SELECTIONS: Trifecta in a tough race: 7/1,5,6,11,12 … fingers crossed
COX PLATE… SECRETS SAY NO TO FAWKNER!! October 21, 2014 No Comments
1. SACRED FALLS (Market price $6.50 – My computer says $9.50). Needs a flash flood to have an advantage Hot in Melbourne today (Wednesday) but it is Melbourne! Still it’s unlikely to rain in torrents. Going pretty well and has placed at the distance and this track. Pace is on so gets his chance to come home. Some hope.
No.2 FAWKNER ($4 – $4.80). I was prepared to say would win, but secret teachings say no! Will run 2nd or 4th, I was stunned! Taking on secret teachings in big races is crazy as in big races there are no other vested interests at work, and races run far more honestly. I am going to include in Quaddie in case secret teachings wrong but my bet on Fawkner of $100 or $200 dollars is now $0. I cannot take on secret teachings in a big race. Might also include in a trifecta in a box. I am stunned!
No.3 SIDE GLANCE ($26 – $12). Goes forward and sits 1st 4. Pretty good run in Caufield Stakes. Could quite easily surprise considering! Will be one of the first to attack The Cleaner. E/W hopes looks quite bright.
No.4 HAPPY TRAILS ($10 – $7). Totally ready now. Been going quite well and 2nd up run suggested lost none of his ability. Nearly won this last year. Right in it from a good gate, sits about 5th. Oliver rides. Must bet for me for something at least. E/W looks good!
No.5 FORETELLER ($21 – $21). Good horse when right. Capable of surprising in almost anything. Gets pace on which must suit. Has a definite sprinting ability at the end of his races. Waller will have him primed. Blow out chance.
No.6 THE CLEANER ($15 – $41). Sentimental horse who just cannot win this. Beating Mourinho 2 starts back makes his omission look suspicious to me. Gutsy win at MV when leaders were flying but this is the big league. I say cannot win. I am not sentimental to Tasmania, or anything from Tasmania frankly.
No.7 GUEST OF HONOUR ($81 – $201). No form this distance and I doubt his appearance is more than token. Just a fair run 1st up over 1600m and now jumping to 2040m where he has no form! Mourinho has better credentials in my opinion. I think will finish 10th.
No.8 CRITERION ($9 – $9). Not really one of my horses, trained by veteran South African fellow who has some winners. James McDonald takes over for suspended Hugh Bowman. Last two runs have been over 2000m and has raced over 2400m and won! Needs to be trained to the minute or the excuse after race could be looking for longer. My guts says no … yes? Not for me.
No.9 SILENT ACHIEVER ($13 – $41). Autumn horse out of form. I said from the start training her for Melbourne Cup was fanciful, it made no sense. She is a 3200m horse in my opinion. I think will finish closer to 8th than 1st. No chance according to secret teachings.
No.10 ROYAL DESCENT ($11 – $9). Talk about a horse knocking on the door. Few horses get beaten a nose twice in 3 runs and 2nd in another and 2nd before that as well! Four 2nds in a row so obviously in nearly brilliant form. In honest form at least! Gets the right run as well and hard to say won’t place on form.
No.11 ADELAIDE ($6 – $6). Young horse from Ireland with O’Brien camp. Obviously a very smart horse. Won this distance twice already and only had 7 starts. Hard to leave out as foreigners already on fire here and I am from Adelaide so would feel sick if he won without me. Including all bet types.
No.12 ALMALAD ($41 – $34). Won over a mile here two starts back, which is something but last run was ordinary. Three-year-olds get no weight but I can’t have. Was too weak in big race last time. Had he figured in placings you would consider him but got beaten by miles. Not for me.
No.13 SWEYNESSE ($21 – $26). Third to Hampton Court in big Sydney race for 3YOs. I just cannot give him a chance. I think these horses would be better off spelling. They have had some tough runs of late and they are young. I am soft on young horses and I cannot possibly back him. Good to see Chad Schofield back in saddle.
No.14 WANDJINA ($34 – $101). Not sure how made the field! Won a race over 1000m. Ran a big race at big odds behind Shooting To Win in Caulfield Guineas. Has the Waterhouse persuasive power behind him but Mourinho was far more deserving in my own opinion. Talk of better runs than So You Think etc make no sense to me when you see his form. I say won’t run a place, hope not anyway as I left him out of last race and he cost me a big pay day, but this is against good horses.
SELECTIONS: My ideas are e/w Side Glance, win only Adelaide, e/w Happy Trails
MY First 4 is: 3,4,11/2/1,3,4,8,10,11/1,3,4,8,10,11.
GEELONG CUP October 20, 2014 No Comments
1. SERTORIUS (Market price $5 – My computer says $12). Not going that well this time in. Was terrific 1st up last time, this time not so much and 58kg looks too big an impost to me. Considering not flying high.
2. SHOREHAM ($8 – $8). Beaten 5 lengths by Lucia Valentina is not bad. Was big odds for that run and did well really. Three runs in and on improve. Far from worst.
3. WISH COME TRUE ($12 – $26). Dreams come true, is there a difference? Form lines weak seeing thrashed by Junoob. Moody trains, but still hard to have.
4. ZANBAGH ($6 – $7). Has good numbers for this. Big fan of Paddy Payne. Has nice weight drop and I think runs well here. Good roughie.
5. MORE THAN SACRED ($5.50 – $7). 2nd in Cranbourne Cup was a good effort. Only 3rd up into this and extra 375m to go? I think needs one more run, but against that concept did run 3rd in Auckland Cup Who Shot The Barman, still can’t work out how Celtic Prince ran 2nd?
6. LIKE A CAROUSEL ($9 – $5). Good chance seeing Muluqen proved that form strong winning at Randwick on Saturday. Keys in fine training form. Genuine chnace!
7. MARKSMANSHIP ($6 – $8). 17th starter so must include in bet types! Has Who Shot The Barman form which is ok, despite what some say. Has a nice prep happening and I think top 3 chance.
8. CARAVAN ROLLS ON ($7 – $12). Failed to flatter at 17th start, so seeing beaten 3.8 lens I am passing this caravan, 3.8 is a long way at races. When they get to 5 I generally scrub them, unless I know something! I did follow a caravan this morning but thankfully it turned off. Rough chance 3rd-5th but can’t win for mine.
9. CORREGIO ($34 – $41). Surprised when 2nd in Benalla Cup at odds. Distance is huge query also. Never been close to it before, uplaced 2 attempts most will leave out.
10. OMINOUS ($41 – $26). Good at distance, 3 runs in have been so-so to say least. Ran off legs by The Cleaner, so perhaps forget that run. Trainer trained by Bart so distance runners his go. Could improve but has to a lot. Good jockey on.
11. ALI VITAL ($41 – $34). Laing trains stayers pretty well and this horse only had 19 starts and improving a bit, 3rd or 4th a chance on Mourinho run.
12. PRETTY BLONDE ($81 – $101). Looks ugly here, and it hurts me to say it. I began life loving blondes and the dark Claudia Cardinale, she was exotic indeed, but Carol Lynley was big with me when young. Bridgette Bardot also. First girl I loved Prue Astley was truly beautiful, olive skin blonde hair green eyes and totally stunning. Another sad story there …
13. WALTZING TO WIN ($51 – $41). Beaten 6 lengths in the Herbert Power not too bad for this. From Kangaroo Island with a travel permit on Trubridge is bizzzzare. Will be big odds, probably not.
SELECTIONS: I think 6 e/w from 7-4-11